About the Project
Rack Room Shoes needed to launch their first iOS and Android apps. I led the design and also played the role of an architect, and a strategist who led workshops.
Problems to Solve
- Encourage greater participation in their rewards program by reducing customer confusion
- Clear up uncertainty about order status
- Reduce time spent on the phone with customer service
- Integrate their current mobile web shopping system
I listened to customer support calls in order to better understand their mindset and problems. I also visited stores to chat with customers.
We tested constantly and iterated often. In the end, we created a delightful rewards experience that clearly shows a customer's rewards and their expiration date.
For orders, we crafted an order tracking system that shows the most relevant information at a glance to a customer. We also set up push notifications for each step of the shipping process.
I provided a heuristic evaluation of their current mobile web experience to tie in better with the app experience.
- Boosted average purchase by 20%
- Increased participation in rewards program by 20%
- 250% increase in download expectations